I love citrus in savory dishes, and this recipe for lamb brochette is certain to get your taste buds hopping… First up, Duo picked up both the blood oranges and lamb from Santa Barbara’s farmer market and got to cooking…
To make this recipe you will need:
For the lamb:
-2 Lamb Loins
-1 Tablespoon Finely cut rosemary
-3 Garlic cloves, minced
-Zest of 1/2 Orange
For the Tapenade:
-1/2 Cup pitted olives (we often use picholine, Nicoise, and Luque Olives)
-1/4 Cup dice orange (the entire orange- do not peel).
-1 Tablespoon Sugar
-1/4 Cup Water
-1 Clove garlic, minced
-2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
-2 Tablespoons Finely Chopped Parsley
- Clean each lamb loin of any silver skin and split lengthwise (leaving you with 4 pieces)
- Rub the loins with the Rosemary, garlic, orange zest and salt and pepper- set aside.
- Combine water, sugar and orange in a sauté pan over high heat and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add olives and garlic and continue to simmer for an additional two minutes (the majority of the liquid should have evaporated – if the water evaporates too quickly add 2-3 additional tablespoons).
- Allow mixture to cool.
- Add parsley and set aside.
- Heat a sauté pan with 2 tbl Neutral cooking oil over meadium, high heat.
- sear the lamb loins on all sides, reduce heat and cook for a total time of 3-4 minutes.
- Remove lamb to a cutting board and allow to rest for 5-10 minutes.
- slice each loin into 6 pieces (for a total of 24).
- Top each medallion with 1 tsp of the Tapenade.
Makes 24 Brochettes. Enjoy these bites sized treats!
*Duo & Michael and Anna Costa are sponsors of Santa Barbara Chic