I’m so excited to share that the beautiful historic theater, The Granada, is available for weddings and private events! The building was recently renovated and all of the original details from the 1920’s have been beautifully restored. Best of all, you can put your name on the marquee for your wedding!
The lobby features beautifully painted ceilings, wrought iron, chandeliers, and deep red carpet.
It is available for wedding ceremonies and cocktail hour.
Upstairs is the founder’s room that can host up to 130 guests for dinner. Dancing can take place just outside the room (above).
It features a built in bar and fireplace (though you cannot build a fire!). It would also be a great location to host a rehearsal dinner, especially it you wanted to share historical Santa Barbara with your guests.
Another option for the reception is to have dinner on stage. You can accommodate about 150 guests or so. It should be noted that you can use the lights the theater has, though you must pay the union to set these up for you.
- Candles are allowed in glass only (no open flames are allowed).
- Amplified music is allowed & there is no required cut-off time.
- A limited warming kitchen is available; additional kitchen equipment will likely be needed.
- You may bring in your own alcohol.
- Tables and chairs are provided for up to 100 guests.
- All linen/china/glassware/flatware would need to be brought in.
- To book your reception four months out, the rental fee is $2,500.
- To book your reception a year out (and your date falls between June 1st & September 1st), the fee is $3,500.
- Use of the stage area requires an additional fee.
- There are nearby garages for guest parking.
- There are plenty of bathrooms.
For more information for pricing and availability please contact the location here.
All photos by Halberg Photographers. Images 3 and 6 provided by The Granada.
Hi- I’m Kelly’s contact at The Granada. Always feel free to inquire as far out in advance as you like. In most cases if I can’t book a date b/c it’s too far out I can at least place a hold for you.
One other exciting addition since Kelly blogged: events on stage can be booked a year out!
Thanks for the positive comments! – Kate Kurlas, Marketing, The Granada