Part II with Katie Moos:
6. When creating a list of group photos for your photographer include individual people’s names. So for example you want a photo of the Johnson family list off the individual’s names…Alice, Rob, Bobby, Sue, and George. The reason for this…if the photographer calls out “Johnson family photo” they might get questions like “Did you want the spouses and kids?” “Did you want my fiancé in the photo too?” “Is Grandma in this one?” “Did you want aunts, uncles, and cousins?” Some of those questions might be embarrassing to answer on the spot. What if you do not want your brother’s fiancé in the photo—it’s hard to say that when she is standing right there looking at you or asking the question. So talk about it before and put names on the list…that way the photographer will simply say “Can I please have Alice, Rob, Bobby, and Sue in this photo?” It also is more personal and is easier for the photographer to gather people because she/he knows how many people to expect.
7. Bring a nice hanger for your wedding dress. We like to take a shot of your dress before you put it on and often times the dress is on a cheap plastic hanger…not so cute. Also, the best hangers do not have the cross bar where pants hang.
8. Bring an invitation to the wedding…we’d love to take a detail shot of it.
9. Have your reception area set up well in advance so the photographer can get some photos of it before it gets…well, messed up.
10. Last but not least—feed your photographers…they are starving by dinner (often times we are there from 8-10 hours and have missed lunch and dinner…we work hard for you all day—think about your job– 2 -10 minute breaks and a 30 minute lunch break…not us-we work all day straight-unless of course you feed us at which time we will eat what we can in a few minutes and then we go back out for more photos)!! ☺
Thank you so much!! I hope these tips are helpful. If you have any questions please feel free to email me at email@example.com. You may also check out my blog at www.katiemoos.com/blog. Also, as a special treat for Kelly Oshiro blog readers—I am giving $50 off an engagement or family session when you mention this blog posting!!