Today I’m super excited to introduce Melissa’s new column, On the Rocks. As she mentioned yesterday, she loves fabulous cocktails and she’s darn good at making them too. We had a little party a few weeks ago with some vendor friends to make sure these drinks are just as tasty as the are pretty. Enjoy!
- 1 ½ shots of citrus vodka
- Splash of lavender-infused simple syrup (directions below)
- Heavy splash of home-made sweet n’ sour (directions below)
- Splash of Lemoncello (optional)
- Squeeze of fresh lemon wedge
- Lavender tinted sugar rim
*Served shaken and up in a martini glass (can also be served on the rocks)
Lavender-infused simple syrup
- Equal parts boiling water and sugar
- Fresh lavender
*Add sugar to boiling water. After dissolved, place fresh lavender in simple syrup and let sit overnight. Strain before using.
Homemade sweet n’ sour
- Equal parts simple syrup (plain) and lemon juice
*Add ingredients together and refrigerate